Australian WS-Vanguard Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian WS-Vanguard Community

Australian forum based on Bushiroad's TCG: Weiß Schwarz, Vanguard, Chaos

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pick your series!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
garm

garm

Pick your series! Empty
PostSubject: Pick your series!   Pick your series! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:42 am

As we said before, WS is an interesting game, because it cross-over many popular anime and game titles, thus to start of course, you need to decide which series are you going to play.

WS is divided into 2-sides Weiß (white) and Schwarz (black). What's the difference? There is no difference actually, only a grouping (which matter only in some tournament). The title is furthermore divided into two: major title and 'extra'. The difference is, major title are subject to re-print like normal boosters are, while extra booster/pack are limited in print. Without any further talk, here are the lists of series

Weiß side:

Major Title:

D.C/D.C.II + plus Communication)
Little Busters + Little Busters Ecstasy)
Zero no Tsukaima
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikeS and A's
Lucky Star
Phantom ~Requiem of the Phantom~
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
To Aru Majustsu no Index (I & II) & To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
Shakugan no Shana
Rewrite (not yet release)
Robotic Notes (not yet release)

Extra Pack/Boosters
DC/DCII Plus Communication (expansion)
Clannad
Sora Kake Girl/My-Hime & My Otome
Persona 3-4 (expansion Persona 4)
Little Buster Ecastasy (expansion)
Melancholy Suzumiya no Haruhi (2nd season)

Schwarz Side:

Major Title:

Persona 3
Makai Senki Disgaea (1-3)
Fate/Stay Night
Shining Force EXA
The King of Fighters
Sengoku Basara
THE iDOLM@STER & THE iDOLM@STER2 (coming soon)
Persona 4
Fairy Tail
Melty Blood
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes
Rebuild of Evangelion
Macross F ~Itsuwari no Utahime~
Bakemonogatari (coming soon)

Extra Title:
Sengoku Basara 2 (expansion SB)
Black Rock Shooter
Katanagatari
Makai Senki Disgaea 4 (coming soon)
Fate/Stay Night Hollow Ataraxia (expansion FSN)

Anyway those are the list, and if you confuse what to pick, then just PICK your MOST FAVORITE series. The thing about WS is you will still have the chance to win no matter what the series you play. Each series has unique ability that can compete with other series, so all have their own advantages and disadvantages It's true that some have more advantage than other, but that gap is not as big as you think. In terms of ability, some cards might look imba at the first glance but when you play through, you'll see some problems rise around it that make it less useful. So really play what you want to play~ Cheers

Note: You can mix any characters from any series in your deck, but note that some tournaments have neo-standard restriction in which you can only use cards from 1 series only. Outside of those, feel free to buidl your deck using any cards you like ^^

Last edited by garm on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SamuelStuntard

SamuelStuntard

Pick your series! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your series!   Pick your series! Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 4:18 pm

which title is the strongest among them?
Back to top Go down
lord_pinky_pinky

lord_pinky_pinky

Pick your series! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your series!   Pick your series! Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 6:24 pm

SamuelStuntard wrote:
which title is the strongest among them?

Your personal favourite series would be the absolute strongest of them all because you'll play your cards more passionately and with meaning (as compared to a series you are unfamiliar with). Smile
Back to top Go down
http://community.goodgames.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=357
Asagi

Asagi

Pick your series! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your series!   Pick your series! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 4:01 am

every series is good and has their own styles, you cannot justify which one is the best.
Back to top Go down
SamuelStuntard

SamuelStuntard

Pick your series! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your series!   Pick your series! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:48 pm

i see, but like other card games like yugioh, there is top tier decks that can win easily over other 'inferior' series. i just want to know which series is that so i can also win easily. cmon people i'm really a noob in Weiss Schwarz and i really want to have a strong deck
Back to top Go down
lord_pinky_pinky

lord_pinky_pinky

Pick your series! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your series!   Pick your series! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:56 pm

There is really no such thing as the strongest deck in WS.

One of my stable build decks once even lost to 2x TD decks in a row during a tournament! If you've played WS long enough, you can determine yourself that the matter of winning or losing ultimately still lies in being able to cancel the damages.

To further illustrate my point, I can give you the most expensive or 'so called best' deck with zero climaxes and still easily beat you with an ordinary cheap TD deck with eight climaxes. That stresses how much luck factor is involved in WS as long as you are able to cancel the damages.

If winning easily is your main concern of playing card games, then probably WS is not meant for you and you should stick to the turn 0 or turn 1 win games in Yugioh!/MtG (MtG is in a way subject to 'mana screwing' too) or such. Just my 2 cents. Razz

Cheers for your question though and good luck! Wink

Last edited by lord_pinky_pinky on Sun May 15, 2011 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lord_pinky_pinky

lord_pinky_pinky

Pick your series! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your series!   Pick your series! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:01 pm

garm wrote:

....if you confuse what to pick, then just PICK your MOST FAVORITE series. The thing about WS is you will still have the chance to win no matter what the series you play. Each series has unique ability that can compete with other series, so all have their own advantages and disadvantages It's true that some have more advantage than other, but that gap is not as big as you think. That's why play what you want to play~ Cheers

Note: You can mix any characters from any series in your deck, but note that some tournaments have neo-standard restriction in which you can only use cards from 1 series only. Outside of those, feel free to buidl your deck using any cards you like ^^
Back to top Go down
garm

garm

Pick your series! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your series!   Pick your series! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Every card game have their own different mechanism right? In Yugioh maybe you can find a top tier deck that can crush low tier one easily, but not in WS. In WS there's no such thing as easy win since the outcome pretty much unpredictable.
Back to top Go down
Karius

Karius

Pick your series! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your series!   Pick your series! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:39 pm

SamuelStuntard wrote:
i see, but like other card games like yugioh, there is top tier decks that can win easily over other 'inferior' series. i just want to know which series is that so i can also win easily. cmon people i'm really a noob in Weiss Schwarz and i really want to have a strong deck

Okay, I'm gonna put my foot down and say this right here.

There's no strongest deck in this Weiss Schwarz. It depends on how you build the deck and how it functions. It has its strong and weak points.

You can't judge YuGiOh and Weiss Schwarz together as they have a total different card system.

Weiss Schwarz may have Top Tier decks, but it requires the Player to know how it works and what it needs in order to use the Combo. If the player cant understand these bits and pieces, the Top Tier deck is considered a crap deck.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
lord_pinky_pinky

lord_pinky_pinky

Pick your series! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your series!   Pick your series! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:45 pm

Karius wrote:
Weiss Schwarz may have Top Tier decks, but it requires the Player to know how it works and what it needs in order to use the Combo. If the player cant understand these bits and pieces, the Top Tier deck is considered a crap deck.

Yep, I forgot to mention that too. Thanks Karius, I second that. bounce
Back to top Go down
Asagi

Asagi

Pick your series! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your series!   Pick your series! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 6:11 pm

well, aside from all these comments, if you want a strong attack power deck...
the following is what i personally considered as strong tier series:

-Index/Railgun (attack power is crazy)
-Nanoha (attack power is average but the support is crazy)
-Disgaea (high soul damage, high attack power as well if you can build the right deck and manage to pull the combo)
-Angel Beats (very stable, lots of drawback from w.room, and search from deck)

anyway, cheers..you better play a lot, experience a lot of different playstyle by playing against different type of series and decks, and your way of thinking might change after.

Back to top Go down
SamuelStuntard

SamuelStuntard

Pick your series! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your series!   Pick your series! Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:46 pm

High Soul?! Opponent would cancel the soul easily man
Back to top Go down
Karius

Karius

Pick your series! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your series!   Pick your series! Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 2:51 pm

SamuelStuntard wrote:
High Soul?! Opponent would cancel the soul easily man

Like i said before, it really has to see how you build your deck to actually make it work.

You need to do lots of counting if you really want to play a high soul deck and the risk doing the combo.

As well as Luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pick your series! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your series!   Pick your series! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pick your series!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Australian WS-Vanguard Community :: Weiß Schwarz :: Weiß Schwarz Introduction-
Jump to: